This is my favourite song. For more songs click here for my favourite page. There you can also request a song.
Today we watched a movie called “Sharkwater” by Rob Stewart. I think that the movie was pretty good and it was pretty emotional. Click here for the trailer and here for some banners.
I like this movie and I want to help him with his work. I know a lot of people who would want to help too! I mean, who kills sharks just because they’re scared of them, it’s RIDICULOUS. By writing this post we can spread to the world. If your are looking at this blog, then I think you should tell people about SAVING SHARKS through your blog. Also, while your at it, check out Rob Stewart’s blog here.
On Friday, all the Eagles went around the school and made some videos for “Where is the ♥?” in our own version. I went with Eagle 20, Eagle 26, Eagle 2 and Eagle 13 down to the third floor of this school. We made 6 videos and two of them with the help of a teacher. The second video that we made is the one that I think was the best. The second video was that Eagle 2 and Eagle 13 are having a conversation and then Eagle 26 comes and slaps a ? on the back of Eagle 2. Unfortunalatly, something was wrong with the camera and our videos were blurry. After everyone filmed the videos, we came back to the classroom and we mouthed: “Where is the ♥?” with some of the Eagles faces on it substituting the children faces on the original video. I think this was a fun thing that we did and it is perfect for using up extra time.
Our next unit of inquiry is about the Human Body. In this unit, we have learnt that there are 10 systems in the human body. They are the Excretory, Digestive, Sensory, Immune, Skeletal, Muscular, Urinary, Respiratory, Circulatory and Nervous System.
There were two parts of blogging challenge #10, one was the post I did before and this is the second part. In the second part we are supposed to ask someone who has never seen our blog to check it out. Then, they have to answer some questions. My dad answered these questions and here they are with the answers:
- What were your first impressions of this blog? I think this blog is colorful.
- *What captured your attention? The header (WRONG BLOG) caught my attention first.
- What distracted you on the blog? I was distracted by the REVOLVER‘S widget.
- What suggestions can you give me to improve my blog? The background is too dark and the words are too small.
* It doesn’t appear that way now because I changed my blog theme.
For the last post about the blogging challenge, we have to answer some questions. Here they are and I wrote my answers next to them.:
- How many posts did you write? I wrote 51 posts.
- How many were school based or your own interests? Mainly around 45 posts.
- How many comments did you receive from classmates, teachers or overseas students? I have received 68 comments.
- Which post received the most comments? Why do you think that happened? Surfer dog: Short Story received 7 comments and I think it’s because it’s an interesting story
- Which post did you enjoy writing the most and why? I enjoyed writing 7 random facts because it like telling people some stuff about myself
- Did you change blog themes at all and why? I did change some blog themes because the ones that I chose before wouldn’t let me put any widgets.
- How many widgets do you have? Do you think this is too many or not enough? I have 14 widgets and I think this isn’t too much or not enough.
From May 12-14, the Grade 5s (us) went on a camp in Cheung Chau for 3 days. There were 5 groups and (Lemon Squeezers, Blue Ice, Team Blaze, Orange Peelers and Green Eyed Peas) and each did the same activity. The 5 activities were (1. Sampam, Cave exploration, 2. Great Race, 3. Camp Craft, 4. Rock Climbing and indoor game, 5. Cycling) I was in the Orange Peelers Group and we did the activities in this order (3,5,4,2,1) and the food wasn’t exactly horrible but not exactly average either. We stayed for 3 days and 2 nights. On the second day night time somewhere around 6:00pm, we had a cheer off. Blue Ice won this cheer off and Eagle 17 and Eagle 11 are the only two eagles I know are in there and they are probably more eagles but those to are the ones I’m sure of. Green Eyed Peas was disqulified because no teachers are allowed in saying the cheer and two teachers (one was Eagle Eye) were part of it. I think this camp was fun though.
Challenge #9 is about checking out biographs and writing a post about them. I choose: “What type of online user on you?” and you can choose 3 other ones from the Student Blogging Challenge. It turns out that Youth (!8-21) use the internet the most followed by Young Teens (12-17). I like the blogging challenge so far because it cool (This is not part of it). I actually think that this infograph has a little bit of a problem and I think Grade 5 would be in Young Teens. I personnaly think that I would use the computer the same as a Young Teen would. Well, just for a catch up, “Blogging Challenge #10 2010” will be the last post of this blogging challenge. Have a good day!
This entire week, the school had something called Festival of the Arts. FOA (that’s how I call Festival of the Arts) is basically when teachers and students do stuff that is…art! We saw Teacher’s showcase, Theater of Silence and many others. It was cool watching them.
The next blogging challenge tells us to subscirbe to someone elses blog. I subscribed to joelfang’s blog. He wants to help the enviornment, just like me. Just if you don’t know how to subscirbe, here are some steps:
- Find the blog’s meta
- Click Entries RSS or Comments RSS
- You’ll be taken to another screen, Click on Subscribe Now
You just subscribed.
Well anyway, I’m hoping that this blogging challenge will be great.